"I dreamed I saw St. Augustine alive as you or me,
Tearing through these quarters in the utmost misery.
With a blanket underneath his arm and coat solid gold,
Searching for the very souls whom already had been sold."
Bob Dylan
I have to admit that my favorite version of this song is performed by Joan Baez at Woodstock singing "Joe Hill". I remember staying up late as a teenager - to watch the film Woodstock on television. My mother briefly put her head around the front room door, whilst Joan was in full song. The look of confusion on mum's face was priceless because at the time I was in full-on NWOBHM mode, and this delicate song was far from what I was expected to be listening to / watching at the time. Anyhow, I digress.
Having left St Thomas Becket I drove to Brookland to visit St Augustine complete with it's impressive free-standing wooden bell-tower.















No comments:
Post a Comment